Gelaire is a specialised supplier of laminar airflow cabinets, precision air samplers and cleanroom test equipment to leading Australian science, industry and healthcare facilities. Biological Safety Cabinets
Collectively Gelaire personnel have over 80 years combined experience in the manufacture, installation and certification of biological safety cabinets. As filtration experts their experience further extends to the supply of filters for building air conditioners and design of clean rooms. Across Australia Gelaire has installed in excess of 750 Class II biological safety cabinets and can provide references upon request.
SafeFAST Hyper is the ultimate generation of microbiological safety cabinet conceived for animal cages changing according to EN 12469:2000.
With dual access front of 300 mm, the new SafeFAST Hyper allows working of two operators at a time.
Differently from most of the other cabinets conceived for cages changing, SafeFAST Hyper is a real microbiological safety cabinet delivering triple protection to the operator, product and environment. The new SafeFAST Hyper is designed for manipulating and transfer of mice or other animals.
Being a Class II cabinet, the New SafeFAST Hyper is designed to guarantee front barrier and laminar flow conditions. The low
pressure drop H14 LAF HEPA filter ensures a cleanliness of the air in Class ISO 3 as per ISO EN 14644-1 and real laminar flow condition
in the work chamber, thus delivering animal protection from cross contamination and environment contamination. While the H14
exhaust HEPA filter ensures environment protection, the unit works in negative pressure then determining an inflow barrier of 0.45 m/s to guarantee operator protection, according to EN 12469:2000, that is a crucial issue when working with possible contaminated animals and allergens.
- Class II cabinet delivering triple protection as per EN12469 to provide operator protection
- Passes air barrier to KI Discuss on both sides
- Double H14 HEPA filters as per EN1822 provides a cleanliness of the air inside the work chamber to Class ISO 3
- TRESPA work surface for environmental sound comfort of the animal
- Dimmable LED lights to reduce power usage
- Low Noise level: 58 dB(A)
- Electric height adjustment in range of 800mm / 1100 mm
- Maintenance from the front and back
- Internal Dimensions: 1050 x 750 x 706 (W x D x H)
- External Dimensions: 1250 x 796 x 1980 (W x D x H)
Gelaire BH-EN Class II Biological Safety Cabinets:
BH-EN hinged-window cabinets embody the latest European control and HEPA filtration technology, together
with class-leading ergonomics and functionality. A microprocessor-based monitoring system automatically
controls all functions and safety alarms. Cabinets may be installed on laboratory benches or on optional Gelaire floor stands. Width options are 900 mm, 1200 mm, 1500 mm and 1800 mm; with the option of exhaust discharge at the top or right hand side. Left hand exhaust is available to special order.
UltraSafe Class II Biological Safety Cabinets:
UltraSafe electric sash-window cabinets have the same general specification and performance as BH-EN cabinets, but with glass side panels, an electrically-operated sliding window and exhaust discharge on the top. The window can be raised to a maximum opening of 420mm for cleaning or movement of materials; or completely closed, obviating the need for a work zone closure panel.
- Collectively Gelaire personnel have over 80 years combined experience in the manufacture, installation and certification of biological safety cabinets.
- Gelaire has installed in excess of 750 Class II biological safety cabinets across Australia and can provide references upon request.
- Gelaire’s sole focus on is on laminar flow & Class II cabinets. Gelaire ensure we carry a sufficient stock of replacement parts including consumables (fluro & UV globes), replacement HEPA filters & spare parts.
- Gelaire have relationships with a number of Independent NATA registered test Labs across Australia who we can call upon if testing or service is required.
- Gelaire cabinets tested both after manufacture and on installation by independent testing agents to show compliance to AS 2252.2 at the site.
- ECO® Control System optimises energy consumption microprocessor employs latest technology for integrated management of airflows and filtration. Self regulation of airflows compensates for gradual loading of filters, while restoring power balance.
- Separate fan/HEPA systems for exhaust and LAF.
- Room air does not enter work zone
- Balanced for optimal operation and safety, protecting personnel and products
- Site conditions typically different to the factory test location. Air barrier can be affected by air turbulence in the room e.g. air conditioning, room exhausts, personnel traffic, other equipment in the room. DOP barrier tests show need to increase cabinet airflow up to 30% to achieve safe containment.
- Designed to meet Australian Standards AS 2252.2
- European standard 0.37m/sec velocity for Laminar air flow. Australian Standard velocity is 0.45m/sec. Results in fans being set close to maximum, negating the performance rating, and reducing HEPA filter service life.
- Air Barrier Containment in accordance with 1807.22 (DOP: polydispersed aerosol/photometer test)
- KI test less rigorous with exhaust airflow greatly reduced (1807.26)
- DOP tests each HEPA filter for integrity and efficiency
- Ensures operator safety
- Compliance with Australian Standard AS2252.2 and EU standard EN 12469 Air barrier passes AS 1807.22 (polydispersed aerosol/ photometer test), and AS 1807.26 Ki Discus test.
These cabinets protect operators, environment, products as well as service personnel. They are described in AS 2567 and have different filter systems from Class II BSCs.
CytoFast cabinets embody the latest European control and filtration technology, together with class-leading ergonomics and functionality. Cabinets are free-standing are available in widths of 900 mm, 1200 mm and 1800mm; all with exhaust discharge at the top. Cabinets comply fully with Australian standard AS 2567, DIN 12980 and the EU standard EN 12469.
An electric sash front window with smooth, silent operation can be raised to a maximum opening of 420 mm for cleaning or movement of materials; or completely closed, obviating the need for a work zone closure panel. Glass side panels are fitted in the work zone. Cabinets are available in isolator configuration with glove ports and H14 HEPA-filtered transfer hatches. This version conforms to Class III in ISO 14644-7.
Personnel and environment protection is provided by an air barrier at the work opening and H14 HEPA filtration of exhaust air. Inflow of ambient air into a full-width grille in the work opening creates the air barrier. A quantity of air equal to the barrier inflow is exhausted to the room through the exhaust filter. Vertical laminar airflow recirculated within the work zone through a second H14 HEPA filter maintains a sterile environment for product protection. Location of the exhaust filter system directly under the work tray prevents recirculation of aerosols of drug products to fans and internal plenums, thus protecting service personnel.
- Knee space of 300 mm optimises comfort for seated operators
- Flat air barrier grille integrated into the work tray without ledge or joint
- Window and all switched function operated by touch controls
- Noise level in situ typically < 60 dB(A) with ultra-low vibration
- Eco®Control System optimises energy consumption
- Fans automatically adjust to maintain safe airflows
- Constant monitoring and reporting of all operating functions in an illuminated LCD
- Display of laminar flow and air barrier velocities, operated by sensitive anemometers
- Real-time clock
- Selectable display of:
- Internal and external temperature
- Hours of operation
- Fan power factor
- Scheduled filter lifetime
- Speed-reduction ‘standby’ mode allows continuous operation with power saving
- ‘Blackout’ reporting if power supply to the cabinet fails while the user is absent
- Audible and visible alarms indicate window malposition, out-of-range airflows or any other malfunction
- Robust, gastight housing with Dupont™ Alesta ® antimicrobial powder-coat paint finish using environmentally-sustainable silver ions to resist growth and spread of microbes.
- 304 stainless steel (SS) work zone.
- 316 SS work tray for increased corrosion resistance.
- H14 minipleat HEPA filters with protective hydrophobic membrane on work zone filter. High-capacity multidihedral exhaust filters for increased life.
- Activated carbon exhaust filter.
- Work zone power outlet.
- Isolator configuration with glove ports and transfer hatches
- Additional work zone power outlet
- Infusion rail in work zone
- Service taps for gas and vacuum
- Magnehelic gauge
- Germicidal UV lamp
The GloveFAST Aseptic and Cyto are both Class 3 ISO/FDIS 14644-7 isolators with a vertical laminar airflow and a physical separation between operator and product by means of gloves. They are designed to highly protect the product, the personnel and the environment.
Features include a single piece work surface in stainless steel AISI 316L, 2 or 4 internal electrical sockets (depending on the size of the cabinet) and transfer hatches with sliding trays in stainless steel AISI 316L. A work surface in sections is also available on request. The gloves which are fitted on glove ports allow the operators to manipulate the samples and products without being exposed to any related threats.
The GloveFast Aseptic is a positive pressure isolator, mainly used for pharmaceutical applications, sterility testing, cell handling and non-pathogenic applications in an aseptic environment. The ambient air is drawn into the cabinet through a HEPA filtered inlet on top of the cabinet and is pressurized downwards towards the work surface through the main HEPA filter. The air is then partially recirculated and partially exhausted after being filtered by a double set of HEPA filters fitted inside the side transfer hatches.
The GloveFAST Cyto is a negative pressure isolator, mainly used for cytotoxic applications or applications involving carcinogenic, mutagenic or reprotoxic compounds. The ambient air is drawn into the cabinet through the HEPA filtered inlets on top of the side transfer hatches. It is then being HEPA filtered inside the side transfer hatches for the second time, pulled up to the top by the negative pressure and sent downwards towards the work surface through another HEPA filter. After passing through the work surface, the air is filtered again through the main HEPA filter situated below the work surface and pulled up to the top by the negative pressure. The air is then partially recirculated and partially exhausted after being HEPA filtered on top of the cabinet.
Full body of the unit and transfer hatches made in epoxy painted steel coated with Alesta® Dupont antimicrobial painting. Full AISI 304L stainless steel body carcass and hatches available as option.
Fully made in AISI 316L stainless steel with scotch brite finishing. Back walls in AISI 304L stainless steel.
Filtration is provided by seven absolute filters H14 HEPA/ULPA with typical efficiency of 99.995% MPPS according to CEN EN 1822 and 99.999% conforming to IEST-RP CC00 1.3 USA. All the filters are low pressure drop certified H14 HEPA/ULPA filters. Transfer hatches are equipped with a set of inlet and re-circulating filters whilst the body of the isolator is equipped with a full set of main, exhaust and special bag filters for cytotoxic containment.
Frontal window made in 12mm safety glass. Internal and external transfer hatch doors are made in transparent high resistance P.E.T.G polyester resin. The frontal view-screen is slanted with top hinges that allow full opening for loading and unloading of pharmacy instrumentations.
Two electrical outlets supplied as standard in 4ft model and four in 5ft/6ft model. Various data sockets available upon request as option.
Gelaire HLAF horizontal flow and VLAF vertical flow cabinets provide an economical means of achieving a sterile and particle-free work environment in a wide range of laboratory and production applications.
Cabinets are self-contained laminar flow workstations, designed to provide protection for products and apparatus in laboratory and production facilities. These cabinets are intended for work involving the handling of non-hazardous materials.
Air cleanliness in the work zone is ISO (14644) Class 3 (AS 1386 Class 0.035). Use of ULPA-grade filters, in place of HEPA, enables air cleanliness to be two classifications cleaner than conventional cabinets with HEPA filters.
Sentinel touch-pad microprocessor control panel with air velocity display also allows data entry for control and default settings. The digital alpha-numeric display and colour-coded indicator lamps indicate all switched, status and alarm functions.
Horizontal flow cabinets have been the most common configuration used in these applications. However, in some work programmes, the size and number of process materials placed in the cabinet may indicate that vertical flow cabinets will provide enhanced air cleanliness.
- Electro-galvanised steel housing with corrosion and abrasion-resistant oven-baked anti-microbial powder-coat finish.
- 304 stainless steel work zone
- Latest European technology H14 ULPA minipleat filter
- ebm-papst fan from Germany
- Powerform fan speed controller
HLAF and VLAF Series cabinets are designed and manufactured to comply fully with AS 1386, Part 5.
Cabinets are tested testing and certified by an independent NATA testing laboratory prior to delivery.
- Germicidal UV lamp with programmable timer
- Front cover/ UV shield
- Power outlet in work zone
- Service taps on RHS or LHS
- IV hanging rail
- Console-style floor stand
- Ergo-Lab electric height-adjustable floor stand
- On-site testing and certification by an independent NATA testing laboratory
The VPCR60 is a vertical laminar flow cabinet, providing an ultra-clean work environment, free from biological and particulate contamination is needed to obtain reliable results in clinical and diagnostic PCR work. Additionally, UV radiation is needed to destroy post-procedure contaminants. Gelaire VPCR60 cabinets provide a high degree of protection for products and apparatus.
Gelaire VPCR60 cabinets are vertical laminar flow workstations designed and manufactured to comply with AS 1386 Part 5. They are intended for installation on standard laboratory benches, or on optional floor stands.
Vertical ULPA-filtered laminar airflow in the work zone creates a biologically-clean, particle-free work environment that reduces cross contamination during sample preparation. Partial recirculation of air leaving the work zone reduces air turbulence and extends ULPA filter life.
A short-wavelength 254 nm UV lamp inactivates residual DNA/RNA particles, thus reducing carryover contamination. The UV operates only with the fan switched off, and the UV shield fitted.
- Cabinet housing in electro-galvanised steel with abrasion-resistant baked powder-coat finish
- Durable 304 stainless steel work zone
- ISO 14644.1 Class 4 air cleanliness within work zone
- Minipleat ULPA filter with efficiency of ≥ 99.9997% at MPPS and 99.9998% at 0.3 and 0.12 μm
- Germicidal UV lamp with 0-60 minute timer and safety shield
- Splashproof power outlet in work zone
RHLAF900 powder containment cabinets provide a degree of protection for the operator and environment from powders generated by processes carried out in the work area. RHLAF cabinets have been installed by the majority of major Australian compounders.
Air is drawn from the room into the work zone at an average velocity of 0.5 – 0.55 m/s. The air travels across the work zone, sweeping airborne powder particles into the 2-stage filtration system located in the rear of the cabinet; comprising a 10μm prefilter and a 99.999% @ ≥ 0.3μm ULPA filter. The filtered air is returned to the room from the top of the cabinet.
- Touch-pad microprocessor control panel with air velocity display
- Sentinel control system provides user-selectable options
- Low-glare, energy-efficient fluorescent lighting
- Exterior of the cabinet in abrasion and corrosion resistant powder-coated finish with interior surfaces in 304 grade stainless steel
- Latest European-technology minipleat ULPA filter
- Clear polycarbonate front cover
- Splashproof GPO in work zone
- User-serviceable prefilter to protect ULPA filter
Accessories and options
- Floor stand
- Ergo-Lab electric height-adjustable floor stand
- On-site testing and certification by an independent NATA testing laboratory
Gelaire’s Class II cabinet range covers most of our customer needs in terms of application, reliability, quality, performance, flexibility and price.
There is however a strong need of integration of Automatic Liquid Handling Robots with Safety cabinets when triple protection (operator, environment and product) is needed.
Made to suit liquid handling automated workstations from Beckman, Hamilton, PerkinElmer and Tecan.
- Body structure and back wall internal panel made in cold rolled epoxy painted steel painted with Alesta® Dupont antimicrobioal coating
- Reinforced Work surface made in AISI 304L4B stainless steel scotch brite finishing with radius of 3 mm for easy cleaning and roughness lower than 0,8 Ra
- Filtration stage consisting of down-flow and exhaust H14 HEPA according to CEN EN 1822
- Ventilation provided by double electrocentrifugal Fans
- Frontal and side screens made in polycarbonate.
- Frontal screen fitted with springs to keep it in open position and increase the working aperture up to 600 mm to fit big devices inside and facilitate robot maintenance.
- Electrical outlets IP 55 protection
- Rapid DEHS test port for filter integrity test
- Fluorescent lights positioned out of the working volume with more than 1000Lux intensity
- Pivotting castors with brakes (as option)
- Microprocessor based control with alarms for the main unit parameters
- Dimensions (wxdxh)
- 1190x1000x1000 mm
- 1495x1000x1000 mm
- 1800x1000x1000 mm
- 2256x1000x1000 mm
- Version fully made in AISI 304 or 316 stainless steel
- Additional electrical or data outlets
- UV light installed on aluminium night door panel
- Side holes for external cabling
- Customized dimensions
- RemoteFAST controlling system (the unit can be controlled from a remote laptop)